7.02.2008

Funky

I think I'm in a funk. Generally, I get up in the morning, go to the gym, have my day and then relax at night. Lately, all I've done is eat, sleep, eat more, sit around being depressed about how much I've eaten, and then go back to bed. I ran on Monday but haven't worked out since. I skipped Pilates last night and I've been eating everything in sight. Got on the scale this AM and almost cried - 128lbs. That's almost back up to where I was before I even lost any weight in 2006. How is this possible? What's wrong with me??

I spoke to my friend S on Monday about vegetarianism and I've decided to give it a shot for the next 30 days. In addition to being vegetarian, I've also committed to giving up most processed foods - no processed crap sugars, no junk, etc. Also, no alcohol, except for the night of the 12th, when we are going to a friend's house for a dinner party and she has planned a lovely menu, including Prosecco, bless her heart. I'm hoping that the natural cleansing of my body will help turn my mood around and give me the pep that usually resides in my step.

So far (been vegetarian since the 1st) I've noticed that I have to stop and think much more about the foods I eat. When I went to Whole Foods today, I instantly started thinking about salmon sushi and crab cakes. I didn't for a second think about red meat or chicken though. I wonder what that means. I've also noticed that I'm not as thirsty today (probably since I didn't work out).

I'm also working on just accepting the feeling of hunger. I've provided myself with enough food each day to sustain my body. But, for now, I'm going to stop obsessing over my feelings of hunger because I'm beginning to think my body has learned that all it has to do is tell my head that I'm hungry and then I'll get to eat more.

I'm really hoping my BBQ tempeh dinner tonight goes over well, and I'd love to have energy tomorrow to go for a short run before going into work early (9-5 tomorrow so I can volunteer at the yoga studio). We shall see....

Side note, contacted an animal shelter today and am very excited about the prospect of getting a dog. Got a weird feeling about the shelter though b/c it's based in Indiana and they would transport the puppy to us, but we wouldn't get to meet it first. I'd really hoped to meet the puppy we get before deciding on it. I hope P puts us in touch with the MA branch so we can actually meet some dogs in the coming weeks. More to come on that later.

No comments: